Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Bag, My Bag, My Bag, Talking 'Bout My Bag...

That title's supposed to be sung to the tune of the Temptations' "My Girl," by the way. And, yes, I do looooooove my bag. Here she is:



This might be one of those offspring that only a mother can love. I don't know for certain, because I can't be objective about it at all. Here's why:

This is the first bag I ever made out of an old sweater. It took months of trying to figure out what should go where and how ... all that stuff that now seems like a no-brainer.

But it did get finished. And it's totally impractical -- the interior is lined in lime green silk (what was I thinking??) and there are no pockets at all. The drawstring doesn't function all that well, either. But I really learned a LOT by making this bag -- plus I was emboldened by this "success" to continue tearing apart sweaters and making other things out of them. Go figure ...

The bottom line is this odd little bag will always have a place in my heart and on my shoulder. Plus, I prevented another person from ever having to wear a sweater that made it look like you had curlicues of blond hair growing on your chest. (Yes, those little golden curls were part of the original sweater -- ewwwwww!!)

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I have my share of "ugfly children" that are prototypes for other bags and I like them just as much. but really the blonde curliques are hideous!

moneysmith said...

I'm so glad you said that!! I remember looking at that sweater and wondering who thought it was a good idea to have what appears to be platinum blonde chest hair poking out of it -- yyyyyyuck!!